Internal Auditor - Montreal
Gildan is a leading supplier of quality branded basic family apparel, including
T-shirts, fleece, sport shirts, socks and underwear.
The Company sells its products under a diversified portfolio of Company-owned brands, including the Gildan®, Gold Toe® and Anvil® brands and brand extensions, as well as under license agreements for the Under Armour® and New Balance® brands. The Company distributes its products in printwear markets in the U.S. and Canada, where Gildan® is the industry-leading brand, and the Company is increasing its penetration in international printwear markets. The Company is also one of the largest suppliers of branded athletic, casual and dress socks for a broad spectrum of retailers in the U.S., and is developing Gildan® as a consumer brand for underwear and activewear. Gildan owns and operates vertically-integrated, large-scale manufacturing facilities which are primarily located in Central America and the Caribbean Basin to efficiently service the replenishment needs of its customers in the printwear and retail markets.
Gildan has over 31,000 employees worldwide and is committed to industry-leading labour and environmental practices in all of its facilities.
Type of job
Working hours per week
The selected candidate will be responsible for individual internal audit projects as part of the internal audit plan. This includes assistance in determining the internal audit scope, performing audit procedures, and preparing the report reflecting the results of the work performed.
- Assist in the identification and assessment of business risks to determine the nature, extent and timing of audit procedures;
- Take part in the planning, execution and reporting (communications) phases of audit projects that focus on compliance, operational, IT and other processes;
- Participate in the development and enhancement of internal audit approaches/templates and methodology to optimize the use and effectiveness of team resources;
- Active involvement in special projects and investigations;
- Active involvement in deployment of company’s ERM program
University Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; Finance and related.
- Professional Designation (C.A.)
- 3 - 6 years of relevant experience in an internal audit role (experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset);
- Sarbanes Oxley Compliance testing
- IT audit related experience (would be an asset).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English in order to prepare and effectively present Internal Audit reports;
- Strong understanding of aspects related to accounting and financial reporting in a public corporation;
- Perfectly Bilingual (English and French), Spanish (an asset);
- High level of professionalism, integrity and ethics;
- Detail oriented and strong organization skills;
- Self motivated and autonomous;
- Ability to deliver on a timely basis;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, evolving and growing environment;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Team player;
- Interest in understanding the business and contributing to its development;
- Proficiency in the use of software applications (Excel, Word, Visio, etc);
- Expected to travel up to 30% of the time.
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan, however only those candidates retained for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this position :
By mail :
By fax :
Gildan Activewear Inc.
c/o Human Resources Department
600 de Maisonneuve West, 33rd floor
H3A 3J2, Canada
Back to Job Offers