Yarn Plant Manager
Gildan is a leading supplier of quality branded basic family apparel, including
T-shirts, fleece, sport shirts, socks and underwear.
The Company sells its products under a diversified portfolio of Company-owned brands, including the Gildan®, Gold Toe® and Anvil® brands and brand extensions, as well as under license agreements for the Under Armour® and New Balance® brands. The Company distributes its products in printwear markets in the U.S. and Canada, where Gildan® is the industry-leading brand, and the Company is increasing its penetration in international printwear markets. The Company is also one of the largest suppliers of branded athletic, casual and dress socks for a broad spectrum of retailers in the U.S., and is developing Gildan® as a consumer brand for underwear and activewear. Gildan owns and operates vertically-integrated, large-scale manufacturing facilities which are primarily located in Central America and the Caribbean Basin to efficiently service the replenishment needs of its customers in the printwear and retail markets.
Gildan has over 31,000 employees worldwide and is committed to industry-leading labour and environmental practices in all of its facilities.
Type of job
Working hours per week
Yarn Plant Manager (USA)
The incumbent will report to the VP Operations and will be responsible for the overall management of physical facilities and employees in the direction and coordination of assigned plant operations, and for attaining company production objectives while maintaining cost and quality requirements. The incumbent will also be responsible for the administration of Company policy and objectives in order to maintain efficient and profitable operations.
- Exercise direct supervision over employees with respect to attaining production volume, cost and quality of production and meeting production schedules and delivery dates;
- Manage all in-plant activities including production scheduling, waste control, quality control, supply and repair control, machinery maintenance, plant and property maintenance, plant and yard housekeeping, and plant security;
- Assure maximum efficiency, productivity, and quality awareness of both supervisors and employees;
- Ensure efficient utilization and maintenance of equipment, facilities, and plant personnel;
- Maintain compliance with company policies, safety standards and good housekeeping practices;
- Select, train, evaluate , retain or terminate personnel, handle employee complaints, and develop and maintain sound employee relationships within the plant in conjunction with the Personnel Department;
- Assure that all safety and health policies and programs are properly and consistently administered, and that all safety equipment is maintained in compliance with policy and governmental regulation;
- Maintain conformance to budgetary limitations in all departments;
- Responsible for proper maintenance of plant and production facilities, including preventative maintenance programs;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and required skills
- 4 year college degree, or equivalent from technical school, in textile manufacturing or related subjects;
- 8+ years with progressive yarn managerial experience in a textile manufacturing department.
Apply for this position :
By mail :
By fax :
Gildan Activewear Inc.
c/o Human Resources Department
600 de Maisonneuve West, 33rd floor
H3A 3J2, Canada
Back to Job Offers