Analyst Programmer DcLink
Gildan is a leading supplier of quality branded basic family apparel, including
T-shirts, fleece, sport shirts, socks and underwear.
The Company sells its products under a diversified portfolio of Company-owned brands, including the Gildan®, Gold Toe® and Anvil® brands and brand extensions, as well as under license agreements for the Under Armour® and New Balance® brands. The Company distributes its products in printwear markets in the U.S. and Canada, where Gildan® is the industry-leading brand, and the Company is increasing its penetration in international printwear markets. The Company is also one of the largest suppliers of branded athletic, casual and dress socks for a broad spectrum of retailers in the U.S., and is developing Gildan® as a consumer brand for underwear and activewear. Gildan owns and operates vertically-integrated, large-scale manufacturing facilities which are primarily located in Central America and the Caribbean Basin to efficiently service the replenishment needs of its customers in the printwear and retail markets.
Gildan has over 31,000 employees worldwide and is committed to industry-leading labour and environmental practices in all of its facilities.
Type of job
Working hours per week
The Analyst Programmer’s primary focus is to support and development in direct collaboration with BAs and sometime with end users. The person will produce technical specifications, develop, and support new functionality.
- Realize all new development based on BAs and users requirement
- Define technical specification to implement projects, reports and software modifications
- Support BAs and sometime users, in understanding the use of business application software, primarily Data Collector System (DcLink) and JDE (AS400, RPG or E1)
- Document functionality, train and support BAs and users
- Follow Gildan standards for the development documentation and programming
- Development support after office hours (night and weekend support)
Qualifications and required experience
The person should have
- University, college degree or relevant experience
- 5 years experience as an Analyst Programmer
- 3 year experience on AS400 (RPG or E1 development tools)
- Experience as Analyst/Programmer with Data Collector System (DcLink, desirable)
- Basic knowledge in distribution, inventory control and manufacturing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work with a wide variety of people
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to handle complex problems.
- Excellent written and oral skills in English and French
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan, however only those candidates retained for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this position :
By mail :
By fax :
Gildan Activewear Inc.
c/o Human Resources Department
600 de Maisonneuve West, 33rd floor
H3A 3J2, Canada
Back to Job Offers