Gildan is a leading supplier of quality branded basic family apparel, including
T-shirts, fleece, sport shirts, socks and underwear.
The Company sells its products under a diversified portfolio of Company-owned brands, including the Gildan®, Gold Toe® and Anvil® brands and brand extensions, as well as under license agreements for the Under Armour® and New Balance® brands. The Company distributes its products in printwear markets in the U.S. and Canada, where Gildan® is the industry-leading brand, and the Company is increasing its penetration in international printwear markets. The Company is also one of the largest suppliers of branded athletic, casual and dress socks for a broad spectrum of retailers in the U.S., and is developing Gildan® as a consumer brand for underwear and activewear. Gildan owns and operates vertically-integrated, large-scale manufacturing facilities which are primarily located in Central America and the Caribbean Basin to efficiently service the replenishment needs of its customers in the printwear and retail markets.
Gildan has over 31,000 employees worldwide and is committed to industry-leading labour and environmental practices in all of its facilities.
Type of job
Working hours per week
The ETL Developer is a critical role in the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of the Data Warehouse. The Gildan Real-Time Data Warehouse is built using a combination of applications and tools.
Role and responsibilities:
- Provide maintenance and support for the ETL processing/workflows, developed applications during work hours and off-hours per support schedule or as required.
- Collaborate with other elements of the BI development team on Project based work.
- Design and implement Extract, Transformation and Load (ETL) processes, programs, workflows and scripts.
- Assist with design, implementation, support and maintenance of the Data Warehouse and associated reporting analytics.
- Proposed and implement improvements, conduct root cause analysis and resolve production problems (including but not limited to data issues, ETL process/workflow issues, performance issues, reporting issues)
- Validate data in the data warehouse, validate ETL processing/workflows. Also responsible for testing the workflows developed.
Education: and Experience Preferred:
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years experience in ETL/Data Warehouse development
- Highly proficient in SQLServer and Oracle
- Proficiency in SAP Business Objects Data Services/ Data Integrator and experience with DataStage a very big plus.
- Solid experience in analyzing query performance issues and modifying data structure or application code to remedy performance problems
- Experience with Oracle OBIEE products
- Excellent understanding of relational and dimensional data models
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Willing to provide Production Support, including weekends
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Excellent organization, planning and time management skills
- Ability to step back and look at the end-to-end process and understand impacts
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Bilingual (English and French)
Tools and technologies include:
SAP Business Objects technologies, Data Services/Data Integrator (ETL), HitSoftware DBMoto (ETL), Oracle OBIEE 10G / 11g (Presentation), Netezza (Database), Qlikview
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan, however only those candidates retained for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this position :
By mail :
By fax :
Gildan Activewear Inc.
c/o Human Resources Department
600 de Maisonneuve West, 33rd floor
H3A 3J2, Canada
Back to Job Offers