Manager, IT Operations
Gildan is a leading supplier of quality branded basic family apparel, including
T-shirts, fleece, sport shirts, socks and underwear.
The Company sells its products under a diversified portfolio of Company-owned brands, including the Gildan®, Gold Toe® and Anvil® brands and brand extensions, as well as under license agreements for the Under Armour® and New Balance® brands. The Company distributes its products in printwear markets in the U.S. and Canada, where Gildan® is the industry-leading brand, and the Company is increasing its penetration in international printwear markets. The Company is also one of the largest suppliers of branded athletic, casual and dress socks for a broad spectrum of retailers in the U.S., and is developing Gildan® as a consumer brand for underwear and activewear. Gildan owns and operates vertically-integrated, large-scale manufacturing facilities which are primarily located in Central America and the Caribbean Basin to efficiently service the replenishment needs of its customers in the printwear and retail markets.
Gildan has over 31,000 employees worldwide and is committed to industry-leading labour and environmental practices in all of its facilities.
Type of job
Working hours per week
The main responsibilities of this function are to plan, install and maintain computer equipment systems, ensure that backup systems operate effectively, provide the IT (Information Technology) infrastructures for Gildan’s operations. The candidate will contribute to service deliveries with regards to planning, respecting the standards and assuring the quality.
The IT Manager directs, supervises and supports the work of senior system administrators, database administrators and employees in related roles.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Data center management.
- Maintenance of all global Wintel systems.
- Responsible for the Wintel architecture.
- Responsible for the licensing and maintenance contract management.
- Management of the deployment of Gildan infrastructure based on Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and internal rules in place to assure compliances.
- Off hours escalations/support (second contact after the system administrators)
- Reports to the Director, Global IT Operations; reports indirectly to the VP, IT Services
- Partnership with Managers in Applications Development, Telecommunications, IT Infrastructures and Service Desk
- 8-10 direct reports; all specialized individual contributors
Profile & Core Competencies
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE or other)
- University degree or College degree in Information Technology combined with numerous years of pertinent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with at least of 5 to 7 years managing a team
- Experience in computer operations, technical support, as well as projects management, is essential
- Microsoft Windows platform (Windows 2003 & 2008), Virtualization, Clustering technologies, Exchange 2010, SharePoint 2010, Storage and storage virtualization, Windows Terminal Server, Citrix Metaframe, PC’s Office Tools, Intrusion detection, Virus Scanning, Security, SQL databases
- Able to prioritize
- Able to adapt to frequent changes
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Bilingual (English and French)
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan, however only those candidates retained for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this position :
By mail :
By fax :
Gildan Activewear Inc.
c/o Human Resources Department
600 de Maisonneuve West, 33rd floor
H3A 3J2, Canada
Back to Job Offers